Designing a Classroom that inspires but works hard as well
- Designing a classroom appropriate to subject and audience
- Classroom management through classroom design
- Creating a system for efficiency and organization
- Making your classroom work hard, so you don't
Your Public Image: Designing a Professional Social Media Persona
- Why do teachers need social media at all?
- Building your brand from the ground up
- Protecting your public image and keeping your private life private
- Using social media effectively to create community buy-in
why it's Good: Introducing the fine arts to a reluctant audience
- Using students' knowledge and experience to make the arts relevant to them
- Introducing Opera, Classical Music, Ballet, Visual Arts, Poetry, and Theater
- Using participatory media to engage students in the fine arts
Teachers as Leaders: How to be a leader in your school, district, and profession
- Adapting to an ever changing profession in a positive way and leading others to do the same.
- Implementing your ideas and creating buy-in from others.
- Lead without turning your back: how to avoid the alienation and isolation that can come with leadership roles.
- Not all leaders want to be administrators: how to lead from the classroom.
Teachers as communicators: Earning Parent Support and Community Buy-in
- Parent communication and conferencing
- Steering the helicopter parent in the right direction
- Community involvement and civic leadership
- Business partners and corporate sponsorships